Taui interactive sites for stakeholder engagement
Conveyal provides an extension (called Taui) for publishing interactive sites that allow stakeholders to compare access, travel times, and transit itineraries for different scenarios. These sites have been published for projects around the world, including:
- Connectivity of Tokyo Olympics venues
- Transit performance management in the Netherlands
- Bus network redesign in Nashville
An advantage of Taui sites, relative to many other interactive transit scenario comparison systems, is that all results are pre-published, so there is no need to keep servers running 24/7 in support of long-running engagement efforts. Contact your support team for more information on publishing a Taui site. The sections below provide a brief overview of using these sites once they have been published.
Set the starting location for transit trips by:
- Clicking the “set start” button in the lower right-hand corner of the map, then clicking on the map
- Dragging the dark blue marker on the map if it is already displayed, or
- Entering an address in the first search bar in the left panel
Once you set an origin, the area reachable from that origin within a certain travel time limit will be displayed on the map. Different colors, corresponding to the cards shown on the left panel, represent different scenarios or analysis settings. For example, light red might indicate places reachable in a baseline scenario, light blue might indicate areas reachable in a planned future scenario, and a purple overlap might indicate areas reachable in both the baseline and future scenarios.
To change the travel time limit, drag the slider in the left panel. As you adjust the slider, the cards below it will show the number of opportunities (e.g. jobs or workers) that can be reached from your selected origin within your selected travel time limit.
You can set the ending location for transit trips by:
- Clicking the “set end” button in the lower right-hand corner of the map, then clicking on the map
- Dragging the red marker on the map if it is already displayed, or
- Entering an address in the second search bar in the left panel
Once you set a destination, transit path options from the origin to the destination will be shown on the map. You can highlight individual paths by hovering your mouse over them in the cards on the left panel. The cards will also show typical door-to-door travel times achievable using the combination of these path options.
Interpret and adjust other settings
Travel times are door-to-door, including walking, waiting, riding, and transfer time. Depending on the specific Taui site, under "Travel time" in the left panel, there may be multiple options to compare different times of day, travel time percentiles, or other settings.